Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search Library Catalog
Search Mack Library
INDY (Information DiscoverY at BJU Mack Library)
Library Tours and Instructional Services
The Mack and Music Libraries welcome various groups to tour our facilities and can provide instruction in bibliographic research. Groups may include:
- Undergraduate and Graduate Level Classes
- High School Students
- Junior High Students
- Elementary Students
- Home School Students
- Church Groups
- Check out M&G
A minimum of one week is necessary for arrangements. Call 864-370-1800, ext. 6025 to contact an instructional services librarian or email email@example.com. A reply concerning the status of your request will be made within two business days.
We can tailor a tour or instructional service according to your specifications or provide one of the following options.
- Mack or Music Library Facilities
- Archives Memorabilia Room of BJU Heritage
- Jerusalem Chamber and Rare Bible Collection
- Special Collection Room of Rare Books and the American Hymnody Collection
Instructional Services Available:
- Appropriate instructional handouts and/or library resource listings to support instruction provided or topic to be researched.
- Instruction adapted to class assignments.
- Instruction in the major resources available in a subject area or project
- Internet and database instruction on a subject area or project—search engines, directories, metaengines
- Database and periodical article indexing and overview of the periodical room
- Specific database instruction
- Set up and instruction of LibGuides
- Library Overview and Care of Books (elementary level)—How to look up a book on the catalog, find that book in the stacks, and take care of it.
- Research Basics (upper elementary level)—General overview of library resources and the research process including the catalog, reference sources, periodical room, and databases.
- Research Process (high school level)—Focus on finding research materials through catalog keyword searching, reference source selection, searching our online databases, and valid internet resources.
Subjects: About the Mack Library
, BJU Course Guides
, Distance Learning
, How to Guides
, Science & Technology