your brain when you’re using the Web
- What subject area does the site cover?
- Are those subjects covered comprehensively, or is the site reporting on just one aspect or time period?
- Are there links to other good sites?
Who created the site?
- Is the site authored by reputable scholars or professionals?
- Is the address of the organization behind the site listed?
- Has the site been reviewed and recommended?
- Is the information factually accurate?
- Are there typos, spelling or grammar errors?
- Is the information based on research or evidence and are there references to published sources of information?
- Does the site give credit for ideas or information obtained from other places?
- When was the site last updated?
- Is the actual infomration on the site dated?
- Is the updating policy listed anywhere on the site?
- Is the webmaster listed?
- What is the point of view of the author?
- Is the information on the site reflecting a particular position or bias?
- Is the site maintained by an organization or group with a strongly held position on the issue?